You don’t need to be bored drinking the same way coffee every day. Bring the Cafe to your home. Here are couple of great coffee recipes that will inspire you . Enjoy this little treat -such a sweet delight for each caffeine lover!
KAISER MELANGE AUSTRIAN COFFEE RECIPE
This Austrian recipe uses egg yolk and coffee, a combination also popular in Scandinavia. Combined with honey the egg yolk gives this espresso a voluptuous texture, and the optional brandy will add another layer of flavour. For this recipe you need espresso coffee from espresso coffee maker.
- Brew 1 shot/ 25ml of espresso into your glass. Add 25ml brandy if desired
- In a small bowl combine with the hand blender for 1-2 min 1 egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of honey. Gently pour it over the espresso so it floats on the surface.
- SERVE it immediately with topped layer of whipped cream
COCONUT -EGG COFFEE FROM VIETNAM
Inspired by Vietnamese egg coffee, this recipe replaces condensed milk with cream of coconut, lending another dimension to the taste and making the recipe suitable for those with a dairy intolerance. For this recipe you can use filter coffee maker or French Press
- Brew 120ml coffee , pour into your glass
- Whisk with the hand blender 1 egg yolk and 2 teaspoons cream of coconut together until fluffy. Gently spoon the mixture over the coffee, so it floats
- SERVE IT: Sweeten to taste with demerara sugar and serve with a spoon
EGGNOG LATTE RECIPE
This latte is moreish and rich, making the most of a holiday favourite. For the best result use the shop-bought Eggnog. Enjoy the smooth and creamy texture with a little touch of indulgent liqueur. For this recipe you need to use espresso from espresso coffee maker
- Gently heat 150ml of Eggnog and 75ml of milk in a saucepan over the medium heat, stirring continuously. Do not allow to boil. Pour the warm Eggnog mixture into a cup or glass.
- Brew 2 shots/50ml of espresso coffee into a small jug, and pour it over the Eggnog mixture.
- SERVE IT: Grate some fresh nutmeg ( or ground nutmeg is ok ) over the top, and serve immediately
ALMOND FIG LATTE RECIPE
Figs are used as a flavour enhancer in many coffees around the world, but rarely as an ingredient in a beverage. It is combined here with almond essence, which gives this variation of a caffe latte real depth of flavour. For this recipe you will need coffee from filter coffee maker or French Press coffee maker
- Steam 250ml milk with 1 teaspoon of almond essence and 5 drops fig flavouring in a pitcher for about 60-65 C , or until the pitcher is just too hot to touch. Then pour into the cup
- Brew 100ml coffee double- strength , if you prefer a more pronounced coffee taste
- SERVE IT: pour the brewed coffee over the flavoured steamed milk, serve immediately.
P.S. You can also use an alternative almond or soya milk instead just to avoid dairy products
ENJOY THESE LITTLE TREATS AT HOME, BE INSPIRED WITH UNIQUE FLAVOURS AND COMBINATIONS! Enjoy good quality coffee